According to your choice a course on academic and scientific writing is offered for the winter term 2023/2024
- November 13, 2023, Online seminar 9 am – 12 am
- November 14, 2023, Online seminar 9 am – 12 am
- November 15, 2023, Online seminar 9 am – 12 am
Content of the course:
Choosing an audience, creating a story, explaining complex data and formulating convincing arguments will be discussed. Additionally, detailed information will be given regarding the content of eachmanuscript section as well as the peer review process. Workshop participants will be instructed in the formal and organizational aspects of academic writing and train their competency with exercises.
Participants should bring a 250-300 word abstract on their own work
A paper from their field (no reviews please)
Intended Learning Outcomes
At the end of the workshop participants will:
- have a detailed overview of the structure of a scientific manuscript.
- learn to build an interesting story from their data.
- improve their argumentation skills for writing convincingly.
- improve their writing structure and flow.
- be familiarized with the publishing process.
Trainer-input and lecture coupled with practical exercises and group work
If you are interested in joining the course please write an email to email@example.com